Laserfiche WebLink
<br /> <br />CHAPTER 52: WATER USE AND SERVICE <br /> <br /> <br />Section <br /> <br />52.01 Water service connection <br />52.02 Private wells <br />52.03 Permit to turn on water and tap mains <br />52.04 Construction regulations <br />52.05 Meters <br />52.06 Cross connections <br />52.07 Plumbing devices <br />52.08 Emergency conservation measures <br />52.09 Unauthorized use <br />52.10 Discontinuance of service <br />52.11 Elevated storage tank use <br /> <br /> <br />§ 52.01 WATER SERVICE CONNECTION. <br /> <br />(A) Connection required, notice. When property abuts or has access to any public street or <br />alley and a dwelling on the property is within 200 feet of the proposed connection along which <br />water mains have been constructed, the owner of any dwelling or commercial establishment on <br />the property shall connect to the watermains in accordance with the provisions of this chapter, <br />within 90 days after the date of mailing or delivering official notice to do so. The notice shall be <br />given to the owner in writing by the City Clerk on order of the City Council. <br /> <br />(B) Failure to connect. Whenever any owner or occupant fails to comply with the written <br />notice, the Council shall, by resolution, direct that the water connection be made and that the cost <br />of the installation be paid in the first instance out of the General Fund and then assessed against <br />the property benefitted. <br /> <br />(C) Assessment of cost. After the installation and connection have been completed pursuant <br />to Council resolution, the City Clerk shall serve written notice of the assessment on the owner or <br />his or her representative, directing him or her to pay the assessment to the City Clerk within ten <br />days after the service of the notice. If the assessment is not paid within ten days, the City Clerk <br />shall certify the amount to the County Auditor for collection, in accordance with M.S. § 429, as <br />it may be amended from time to time, in the same manner as other special assessments. The <br />Council may, by resolution, spread the assessment over a period not to exceed three-year period. <br /> <br />(D) Certificate required. Pursuant to the authority conferred by M.S. § 444.075, as it may <br />be amended from time to time, in addition to all other charges for tapping into or connecting <br />with the municipal water system, including inspection of connection, street opening fees and <br />permit fees heretofore established by city code provisions or resolution, no connection permit <br />shall be issued nor shall any tap or other connection be installed or made with or into any <br />municipal water system of the city, either directly or indirectly, from any lot or tract of land <br /> Page 1 of 10 <br /> <br />